Bayley Walker Total Shoulder Replacement
The Bayley Walker reversed polar, linked total shoulder replacement is designed to provide stable function, restoring up to two thirds of normal movement in the treatment of arthritis with a massive cuff tear and revision of total shoulder replacements.
The system prevents subluxation of the humerus and is recommended when the majority of soft tissue coverage surrounding the humeral head is sacrificed.
The Bayley Walker total shoulder replacement consists of two components:
- A glenoid component with a titanium alloy tapered screw for cementless fixation into the scapula with a cobalt chrome molybdenum head which articulates within the humeral component
- The humeral component with an ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) liner to articulate with the glenoid component
- Arthritis with a massive rotator cuff tear
- Failed cuff arthroplasty
- Revision of total shoulder replacements
- Recurrent dislocation of the shoulder
To discuss your cases with our design team please contact us by calling +44 (0)20 8238 6500 or using our online form.