Careers at Stanmore Implants
Current Career Opportunities
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR DELIVERING EXPERT DESIGN SOLUTIONS? If yes, this could be the perfect prospect for you.
POSITION DESIGN DRAUGHTSPERSON
LOCATION ELTREE, HERTFORDSHIRE
SALARY COMPETITIVE, FULL TIME, PERMANENT
OPENING DATE THURSDAY 6 APRIL 2017
CLOSING DATE THURSDAY 4 MAY 2017
We are a leading innovative orthopaedic business focused on designing and manufacturing specialised patient specific bone and joint implants with over 60 years' experience and are known for creating some of the world's most successful implants. We believe in working closely with orthopaedic surgeons to achieve the most effective surgical outcomes.
We have a team of dedicated staff delivering an industry leading personalised service to surgeons and their patients around the world and currently have an open position for a Design Draughtsperon to join our design team.
Main purpose of role
We have an open positon for a Design Draughtsperson to join our design team where you will be responsible for the production of detailed design specification packs (models and drawings) for one-off orthopaedic implants and associated instrumentation under tight time constraints, for the purpose of manufacture and inspection.
Your key responsibilities will be
- Based on the design concept you will be responsible for producing a completed detailed manufacturing package for each case, which will include:
- General Assembly drawing
- Material specification
- General limits
- Individual component drawings
- Individual instrument drawings
- Manufacturing models for CNC parts including supports
- Working with the Implant Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the manufacturing package which is generated from information in the design concepts which wil include:
- Concept model
- Undetailed general assembly
- Generic custom drawing templates
- Standard drawings for pre-manufacturing parts
- Existing gold standard manufacturing packages, used as examples
- Input from design engineer and product engineer
- Amending and up-issuing existing manufacturing packages.
- Ensuring that all produced drawings within the manufacturing package are checked for dimensional and tolerance accuracy and Standard drawings are referenced correctly.
- Liaising with design engineers and production engineers to ensure manufacturing packages reflect the design concept requirements and are fully manufacturable.
- Update generic custom drawing templates to ensure new manufacturing packages can be produced swiftly and efficiently.
- Manufacturing packages completed on time
- Manufacturing packages provide adequate information to ensure manufacturable and inspectable
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous experience in using Siemens NX for modelling for modelling (surface modelling not required), assemblies and drafting, including use of sketcher.
- The ability to work with speed and accuracy under tight time constraints.
- A high degree of engineering proficiency
- The ability to use initiative for problem solving
- Excellent 3D CAD modelling and drafting skills, including parametric modelling, engineering tolerances
- Working knowledge of Geometric Design & Tolerancing for design for manufacture.
- Working knowledge of BS.8888
- The ability to verbally communicate at difference levels with senior and junior design engineers and production engineers.
- Self-organised - The ability to stay work on multiple projects, yet prioritise workload depending on urgency and complexity
- Degree or Equivalent (ONC, HNC, HND)
- Experience as a Technician or craft apprentice
- The ability to reverse engineer parts
- Knowledge of engineering and orthopaedic implant materials
- Understanding of human anatomy
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your current cv and accompanying letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 3 May 2017.