METS Modular Distal Femur Implant System
The METS distal femoral replacement system is designed as a modular system that can be used to replace diseased or deficient bone in the distal femur.
The system consists of:
- A SMILES Knee
- A range of shafts in 15mm increments to suit differing lengths of resections
- A range of hydroxyapatite coated and uncoated collars of different diameters to match the size of the femoral bone cross-section
- A range of cemented stems to provide secure fixation in the intramedullary canal
Individual components of the femoral shaft are connected using inter-locking taper junctions allowing quick and easy assembly.
The SMILES knee has three tibial options:
- Rotating hinge metal cased tibia with short and long stems suitable for extra-articular resection or difficult revisions
- Rotating polyethylene hinge tibia suitable for routine cases
- A fixed hinge tibia with short and long stems suitable for knees with marked instability or gross deformity
For very special cases, the METS modular system can be used in conjunction with Patient Specific made components to provide a rapid case specific solution.
The minimum resection required for the METS distal femur is 76mm and the maximum is 263mm.
Reasons to use our modular distal femur system:
- Evolved from the experience of more than 1,500 custom made distal femoral replacements
- Minimal sacrifice of bones
- HA coated collar for enhanced fixation
- Optional combination with custom made components
- Precision-made tapered junctions ensuring integrity and durability
- Metastatic disease
- Primary bone tumours
- Failed joint replacements
- Failed massive replacements
To discuss your cases with our sales team please contact us by calling +44 (0)20 8238 6500 or using our online form.