METS Modular Proximal Femur Implant System
The METS proximal femur is a modular implant system that is available through our loan kit system for rapid treatment of patients. This can be particularly important for elderly patients requiring a swift response to a subtrochanteric or periprosthetic fracture.
The system consists of a variety of different trochanter bodies anatomical in shape with provisions for reattachment of soft tissues.
The trochanteric body is attached to a femoral shaft, which is sized in 15 mm increments so that the trochanteric body and shaft matches the resected bone site. At the distal end of the shaft, a range of different diameter collars are used to match the femoral crosssection and a cemented stem is inserted into the intra-medullary canal.
A range of modular metal and ceramic heads is also available. Individual components of the system connect using interlocking taper junctions, allowing quick and easy assembly.
The minimum resection level for this system is 82mm and the maximum is 262mm.
Reasons to use our modular proximal femur system:
- Evolved from the experience of more than 1,000 custom-made proximal femoral replacements
- Minimal sacrifice of bones
- Range of collars and trochanteric reattachments
- Optional combination with custom made components
- Precision-made tapered junctions ensuring integrity and durability
- Metastatic disease
- Primary bone tumours
- Failed joint replacements
- Failed massive replacements
- Femoral reconstruction due to bone loss
- Revision hip arthroplasty following failure of cemented or cementless stems
To discuss your cases with our sales team please contact us by calling +44 (0)20 8238 6500 or using our online form.