METS SMILES Total Knee Replacement
The SMILES Knee is Stanmore Implants' platform knee which provides the surgeon with a choice of fixed or rotating hinged knees.
The system can be adapted to a very simple rotating hinge for unstable knee joints, or to a more complex rotating hinge knee where there is gross bone loss and/or collateral ligament instability.
The rotating hinge knees are available as a metal cased tibia where augments are required, and as an all-polyethylene tibia which is used when the articular surface of the tibia is in good condition and has had minimal previous surgical intervention.
It is our belief that the more challenging the surgical procedure, the more simple should be the solution. With this in mind our SMILES Knee system requires minimal specialised instrumentation which allows for a clutter-free OR.
Reasons to use our METS SMILES Total Knee Replacement:
- Minimizes the number of modular components thus reducing fretting
- Contoured metal-on-plastic bearing surfaces to reduce friction and wear
- Rotational laxity reduces torsional stress at the cement/bone interfaces
- Gross knee instability
- Unusual anatomy
- Failed primary knee replacements
- Complex revision arthroplasty
To discuss your cases with our sales team please contact us by calling +44 (0)20 8238 6500 or using our online form.